The original construction date is unknown, and the temple was ruined in the Ming Dynasty. It was reconstructed in the 7th year of the Kangxi reign of the Qing Dynasty (1668), consisting of a mountain gate, a main hall and east-west side corridors.
When Feng Yuxiang stationed troops in Henan during the Republican period, the building was demolished. It was rebuilt after the founding of New China, only to suffer destruction again in the Cultural Revolution.
At present, only the middle hall and mountain gate remain, covering an area of one mu.