Commonly known as the Zhang Family Archway, the Lion Arch is located in the middle section of Paifang Street. It was erected in 1778 in honor of Madam Zhu, wife of Zhang Pu, who was conferred the title of Gentleman of Literary Forest. Constructed entirely of stone, the arch measures 14 meters in height and 9 meters in width, adopting a four-pillar, three-bay and five-floor layout.
The central bay features a single-eave roof, while the side bays have double eaves. All roofs are hip-and-gable style with interlocking bracket sets and upturned flying corners, and the entire structure is covered in elaborate carvings.
Six bracket clusters adorn the eaves under the central upper floor, and three bracket clusters are arranged respectively under the upper and lower eaves of each side bay.
All stone beams and frames are well-proportioned with balanced layouts. The carved patterns including lions, cloud-dragon motifs, peonies, mythical roof beasts and elephant-shaped sacrificial vessels are exquisitely lifelike, blending bold vigor with delicate grace and presenting harmonious vivid expressions.